TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: engine swap  (Read 8300 times)

88festivasam

• http://youtube.com/88festivasam
Re: engine swap
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 11:53:59 AM »

I'm not looking to set records in this car. lol Its going to be a backup vehicle. True it will be slower, I knew that going in. But, the mx6 didn't have a turbo option to my knowledge, which means its still worth it. lol This car originally had the v6, so using the trans is not an option. I'm going to have to swap the differential carrier into the xr2 trans. What I'm curious about is the stub shaft coming out of the trans where it bolts to the engine. It will probably take some work to make that work, custom bracket or something...

I went through the engine harness this past week and found 2 broken wires, and made a total of 7 wire repairs. There was a repair someone had made at the throttle position sensor where they just twisted the wires together and used tape.... so I soldered and heat shrunk those, I found a few nicks in some of the wires going to the knock control module, and a few others in other random places. Glad I took the time to go through it! I also went though  and cleaned up the harness and took about 5 lbs. of crap off of it and then rewrapped it with woven polyester electrical tape.  8) It turned out really good

I took some measurements of the engine and transmission mount locations and it looks like I will only have to make 1 trans mount (rear lower), and I may be able to use an additional transmission mount that the Capri doesn't have, but the case has the holes for on the left "frame-rail". I haven't set it down in yet (my hoist needs a piston) but so far it looks like it will bolt up to the stock mounts, or be really close. 

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: engine swap
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 03:28:12 PM »

Cool
Jack Byrd
Pages: 1 [2]