Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Engine & Drivetrain Swaps

engine swap

(1/4) > >>

88festivasam:
Anyone still out there?

So long story short, I bought an xr2 about 10 years to swap a festiva. I ended up not doing that and kept the car. The xr2 had a salvage title, so it ended up sitting. Anyways it got to a point that I had to get rid of the car, so I saved the powertrain and the harness, etc.

Then a buddy of mine bought a mx6 for the kl engine. and we ended up doing some trading for the chassis. so now I have a mx6 that I am going to put the b6t in. This seems kinda similar to the kl swap thread that I saw on here.

I was so disappointed to get rid of the xr2, but for reasons outside of my control it had to go... If you guys are interested in seeing progress, I will post updates.

For some background on me, Ive worked for a Chevrolet dealership as an ASE master tech for the past 5 years. For the past 15 years I have been studying b-series/g-series and various chassis platforms as they fascinate me. It will be cool to finally have a b6t power me down the road! Thanks guys!

I will post some pictures of pulling the drivetrain and such and of updates to come!

Rocketman:
Yes please! Would love to see a build thread.

B6T into MX6 will be... interesting. They came with that garbage FS 4cyl engine too right?

88festivasam:
This particular car came with the KLZE which he is building for his mx-3.

its a less than ideal swap for sure. lol but... its better than nothing. It should yield some information for bg-bf chassis swaps. im trying to figure out posting the pictures...

88festivasam:

88festivasam:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version