TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: water pump and timing belt  (Read 1959 times)

Vito dascoli

• 91 94 Capri
water pump and timing belt
« on: February 02, 2020, 01:58:35 PM »

hi folks. I am stumped on 94 N/A capri. I just completed a water pump and timing belt kit install. it ran excellent for a week with a squeaky alternator belt. when I got around to tightening the belt things went south. the  idle  is terrible with no power. sounds  like a miss at the exhaust, as for power, not sure. checked the basics figuring it had nothing to do with the tightening of the belt, looked for problems with vacuum, fuel delivery, wires, plugs, compression , tensioner spring {new}etc. I thought about not lining up the the timing properly but I have done this before on another capri xr2 so I was familiar with the process plus it ran perfect for a week. I would appreciate some input, ideas , suggestions? thx vito

blueamber

Re: water pump and timing belt
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 10:47:25 AM »

??? Yeah, maybe you bumped something, like a vacuum line when tightening the alternator?  Check for loose vac lines and maybe cracked input part???

Vito dascoli

• 91 94 Capri
Re: water pump and timing belt
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 10:42:04 AM »

thank you, im going to give a second look with a different eye. how can I get some codes from the computer? thx vito