TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: 2020 International Mercury Owners Association national meet - Colorado!  (Read 6400 times)

redsteve

• 1991 Capri, the rest are red or appliances...

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen that the 2020 International Mercury Owners Association national meet will be in Colorado, June 24-28th.

The show is in the Denver metro area, about two hours from where I live.

More information is here: http://www.mercuryclub.com/

If there is sufficient interest perhaps we can have an early summer gathering out here?

I know there are other Capri owners out this way, perhaps if some of them are here...or in the Mercury club we can figure some sort of sideshow (er...)?

Thoughts?

Steve

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: 2020 International Mercury Owners Association national meet - Colorado!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 09:18:04 AM »

Wow, I'd like to make that. Was just through there on I70 last year.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

redsteve

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 08:05:07 PM »

Well, that's one...

...anyone else at least half-interested?

I might have to run up some sort of windshield wiper flyer for the cars I see out here, here and there...

In any event, we're looking at being there. I might even enter my little project...

Steve

xscottw

• 1993 Mercury Capri Base Manual
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 10:15:50 PM »

I am interested, trying to save up a few hundred to buy a couple parts cars near me. If I can do that I can probably get my car running good enough to go that way if I can fit in my schedule.

jdp

• 1994 Magenta Capri NA, 94 Reef greenXR2 and 92 XR2
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 10:20:35 PM »

I would love that, but that is a mighty long run from the east coast of NC!  I hope you can round up some folks out there to participate.  Good luck with the event and post some pictures. If your not on any of the facebook groups, please join.  There is more activity, but also some scavengers that want the xr2 drivetrains.

John
John

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 09:18:58 AM »

John, if you can get yours going, I'll make a hole in my schedule and go with you.  I70 west of there is beautiful, I'd love to run back up there again.  Redsteve, the problem is for some reason, Capri owners don't seem to want to get out and gather. Locally there is an annual meet of Festivas, who love to transplant our engines and come from as far away as Arizona and California, that regularly have over 50 attendees.  Here on the east coast if you can get a dozen cars, you've done well.

Good luck with it, Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

jdp

• 1994 Magenta Capri NA, 94 Reef greenXR2 and 92 XR2
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 11:01:49 AM »

Jack...I will make one of these gatherings yet, but the dates for this one conflicts with family vacation this year. 

John
John

redsteve

Hi all,

In the event you haven't seen the notice, the Mercury Club cancelled its meet in Denver for this month.

The club is expecting to have the meet in Denver next year, so think about going next: www.mercuryclub.com.

A drive across country with the top down! Ecstasy!

Cheers all,

Steve