TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SOLVED?? Misfiring or fuel cuts out under load?  (Read 18248 times)

JJ

Re: SOLVED?? Misfiring or fuel cuts out under load?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 12:53:54 PM »

Well... if it’s stupid, and it works, it ain’t stupid! 

So I decided to try taking the whole grounding bracket off of the thermostat housing (the thing that the grounds bolt to and the O2 sensor harness clips onto).  I only got the bolt about half a turn out and coolant started to seep out of the top of the housing, so I wiggled the bracket and retightened the housing. Then I connected the grounds to the negative battery terminal with an alligator clip. NO STUMBLE / MISFIRE / HESITATING / POWER LOSS for two days of driving. I don’t understand it, but I’m happy about it. I took the alligator clip off and it still works, so maybe I scraped through some oxidation or helped the connection by messing with the t-stat bolts. I might try just un-grounding those wires to see if it starts acting up again, but honestly I’m too afraid I won’t be able to reverse it!  I promise I’ll post some more pics including TPS diagnosis this weekend.

glad you got it fixed. I've been away from the boards for a few years. but I had this exact problem for years, and believe I posted that's basically what fixed mine. it went away when i had the radiator/thermostat housing changed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]