TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Trailing arm bushings  (Read 5333 times)

chukT

Trailing arm bushings
« on: June 07, 2019, 08:27:46 PM »

I need to replace my rear struts. The lower mount, where the bolt mounts the trailing arm, will not come apart. I'm going to have to cut the bolt ends off, then remove and replace the trailing arm bushings.

Does anyone know of a bushing that will work? I see Whiteline sells a kit to do the trailing arms, but I'm not going to disturb the leading end of my arms. I'm sure that would be another can of worms! Any insight other than "replace the trailing arm" would be helpful.

Skunkwrkz

• 84' Porsche 928, 88' RX7 V8, 95 M3, 02 Celica GTS
Re: Trailing arm bushings
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 09:02:26 PM »

I recently replaced my struts with Ground Control Coilovers and Tokico HP's and ran into the exact same thing. The kit I used was: Whiteline W61763 Rear Trailing Arm Bushing
and they worked perfectly. I was also worried about the bolts in the leading ends but I sprayed them with PB Blaster several times on a Saturday and let them sit overnight before trying to break them loose. I will say that it was worth it as you don't realize how bad those old rubber bushings are. After I drilled the old bushings out, I took a dremel with a sanding wheel to the inside of the trailing arms before installing the new bushings so that they would fit like the OEM ones. Hope that helps.

chukT

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 09:43:46 PM »

Thanks, yeah, that's the only kit I've found. Do you remember who you ordered it from?

Skunkwrkz

• 84' Porsche 928, 88' RX7 V8, 95 M3, 02 Celica GTS
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 10:13:32 PM »

I got the set for both arms, on Amazon, for like 17.00

chukT

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 11:03:16 PM »

Must have got the last one, I'm only finding them offered for over 45 before shipping! Not available on Amazon.