TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Navigator light mirror  (Read 4145 times)

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Navigator light mirror
« on: May 27, 2019, 06:50:21 AM »

Is there any secrets to installing the big heavy navigator light mirror?  Mine fell off yesterday and I recently saw a Capri with a broken windshield where the mirror goes and had heard of this happening on other vehicles.  i believe they said use tape instead of standard mirror adhesive.  Anyone familiar with this?

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: Navigator light mirror
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 02:42:47 AM »

Never heard of a tape that would hold up to that kind of abuse. Wonder if it would be better to make a bracket to mount it to the windshield frame.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Navigator light mirror
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 10:57:57 AM »

Thanks Matt, they were referring to trim tape which I am skeptical  of.  The car I got the turbo off of last week had a hole where the mirror was and had had the navigator mirror.  My 92 has a black spot on the windshield where the mirror is mounted whereas the 93 didn't and it was also mounted lower on the windshield. Wonder if they broke the windshield removing the mirror?

Thanks, Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd