TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: 1989 SA turbo no Spark  (Read 4084 times)

No1Alexander

• 1989 Ford SA Capri Turbo convertible
1989 SA turbo no Spark
« on: March 28, 2019, 04:56:02 AM »

Hi peoples....

I live in NSW Australia and own a 1989 SA Turbo ( engine  is a B6T 14 ) Capri which was running fine until one day it just stopped whilst still driving around town . 1st thought was a coil ... replaced coil car ran for 30 seconds or so then stopped since then I have replaces the plug leads distributor cap and rotor also the Ignition pickup module as well as  the Igniter and spacer plate ...
all to no avail ...  I am at a loss where to look next ...
is there a cam or crank sensor and if so where as I looked up top and down below and couldn't find the bugger

any advise would be greatly appreciated
Regards Alexander

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: 1989 SA turbo no Spark
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 11:14:19 PM »

Yes the crank sensor is in the distributor, in our case it's coupled with the Ignitor which is a common issue. If you search the forums here with "Ignitor" you will find some threads with good info in them
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

No1Alexander

• 1989 Ford SA Capri Turbo convertible
Re: 1989 SA turbo no Spark
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 01:55:32 AM »

I have actually replaced all the electronic components in the distributor and still no spark is there a way to test them all or should I now be looking else where ? also my rpm counter does not move when the car is cranking ....
does that mean anything ???
Regards Alexander