TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: 1989 SA turbo no Spark  (Read 4099 times)

No1Alexander

• 1989 Ford SA Capri Turbo convertible
1989 SA turbo no Spark
« on: March 28, 2019, 04:56:02 AM »

Hi peoples....

I live in NSW Australia and own a 1989 SA Turbo ( engine  is a B6T 14 ) Capri which was running fine until one day it just stopped whilst still driving around town . 1st thought was a coil ... replaced coil car ran for 30 seconds or so then stopped since then I have replaces the plug leads distributor cap and rotor also the Ignition pickup module as well as  the Igniter and spacer plate ...
all to no avail ...  I am at a loss where to look next ...
is there a cam or crank sensor and if so where as I looked up top and down below and couldn't find the bugger

any advise would be greatly appreciated
Regards Alexander

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: 1989 SA turbo no Spark
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 11:14:19 PM »

Yes the crank sensor is in the distributor, in our case it's coupled with the Ignitor which is a common issue. If you search the forums here with "Ignitor" you will find some threads with good info in them
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

No1Alexander

• 1989 Ford SA Capri Turbo convertible
Re: 1989 SA turbo no Spark
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 01:55:32 AM »

I have actually replaced all the electronic components in the distributor and still no spark is there a way to test them all or should I now be looking else where ? also my rpm counter does not move when the car is cranking ....
does that mean anything ???
Regards Alexander