TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Water in heater box  (Read 4769 times)

herdfan75

• 94 Capri XR2
Water in heater box
« on: March 11, 2019, 04:32:58 PM »

Hi folks,

As you know I've been fighting a musty smell in my Capri and I may have located the problem.  When it rains hard and the car is sitting sloped towards the passenger side, water is collecting in my heater box.  When I start the car and turn the blower on, water pours out of the box!  Where is the drain for the front vents under the hood?  I've asked before but didn't really come up with a good answer.  Something is plugged up and allowing water to go down into my heater box.  I know there has to be a drain somewhere because there are ports on each side of the cowl in the corner under the hood.

Thanks!

herdfan75

• 94 Capri XR2
Re: Water in heater box
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 03:20:46 PM »

Anyone have any ideas at all?

blueamber

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 11:27:29 PM »

My only experience is with a clogged ac evaporator drain hose that lets the evap water overflow onto the passenger side floor.  That hose can be cleaned from underneath the car, near the firewall, with a wire.  I don't know how outside water could get in under the dash.

herdfan75

• 94 Capri XR2
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »

My only experience is with a clogged ac evaporator drain hose that lets the evap water overflow onto the passenger side floor.  That hose can be cleaned from underneath the car, near the firewall, with a wire.  I don't know how outside water could get in under the dash.

Yea, I don't know either.  I'm not familiar with the duct work from outside to in, but something must be plugged up somewhere.  There's quite a bit of water that's collecting in there!   :-[

chukT

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 12:08:30 AM »

so did you ever figure this out?