TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Back on the road  (Read 14591 times)

Trackerrrr

• 1991 BMW 525I, 1991 Capri N/A, 2011 Kia Sedona
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »

Thanks for the link. I checked it out, looks like 20 bucks will buy the fill and vent hose. I don't have a problem with that, but holy man! They want 14-something for shipping!!! I'm going to check out some local suppliers and see what I turn up in town. I really dislike being shafted like that for shipping.

Me either but that hose fit perfectly.
Chris
Retired Air Force MSgt

chukT

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 07:51:32 PM »

New tank came in. There are a few small details where it differs from the O.E. tank. The vent tube terminates in a different spot inside the tank, there's no bracket for the rollover valve thingy, and the drain plug is deleted. All in all it looks good, but I gave it a coat of grey paint over the new paint anyways. There were some spots rubbed through to bare metal from shaking around in the shipping box. Got the old pump all cleaned up, new filter sock installed, and the pump in the tank with a new gasket. Also tested the fuel gauge to be sure it worked.

I'm working on replacing the brake lines now. They had been repaired in the past by running new lines under the tank. Since it's apart I can put them back over the tank, where they were originally.

chukT

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 09:33:09 PM »

Still plugging away as time allows. Mostly done with the rear brake lines now, shiny new ni-cp line from the master to the rear calipers, all back in the factory clips and routing. Got the new rubber hoses on the rear too. Takes some time doing it an hour here and there.

chukT

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 08:28:27 PM »

All new brake lines and hoses done now. Moving on to repair the 2 rusty floor spots.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 10:50:17 AM »

Seems like it never ends.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 12:08:42 PM »

How bad was it to do all the brake lines? I will be needing to do that at some point.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

chukT

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 06:31:08 PM »

Worst part was finding time when it isn't raining! You'll need both inverted and bubble flare tools, the master cyl uses bubble, the rest is double flare. I had the fuel tank down already, so it would have been silly not to do the rears at the same time. Left front line came out in one piece, and back in the same way. The right front line I had to cut in half to remove, then bend the replacement into position after fishing it through from the wheel well. It is back in all the factory clips now though. 3 of the bolts that secure the line hangers snapped off on removal. I drilled them out and used self-tapping bolts to hold the hangers back in position. I ended up with one union along the underbody, that was due to the way I was working on the car. If I'd had 2 rolls of tubing to begin with that wouldn't have been necessary. This NiCp line is a revelation to work with! I bought 2 25ft rolls and have 10 or so feet left over after doing the entire car.

chukT

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 06:52:28 PM »

I stripped out my seats and carpet. I've got 2 floor holes to patch. One on each side where the floor angles up to the firewall, out towards the rocker panels. I got the right side almost finished today.

chukT

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2019, 07:09:28 PM »

Quick update. Passenger side floor is done! I've moved on to the left side now. The hole here isn't as extensive, I finished up cutting out the bad spots today. Next go-round I'll start patching.

chukT

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 09:46:23 AM »

I'm all finished with my floor patching. Got both sides welded up, sealed and painted. Now I need to remove the heater box to clean it of mouse residue!

I had to remove and clean the injectors to get the car to run on all 4 cylinders. That's sorted now, so I'm going to replace the valve cover gasket, then put some new plug wires on.

Still lots to do.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2019, 10:13:49 AM »

Keep going, you'll be ready for summer.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

chukT

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2019, 12:10:30 AM »

Still plugging away. Getting ready to tackle the rusty core support now. Here's my build thread on another forum, if anyone is interested.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/drug-home-a-race-car.1357362/

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »

I signed up with Adventure Rider so I can keep up with your progress, you're inspiring me.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

chukT

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2019, 12:13:34 PM »

Ha-Ha, that's a pretty good forum. The amount of information available from the collective is staggering. It seems you can ask about ANYTHING and get good advice!

Glad you enjoy it.
Pages: 1 [2]