TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: 91 xr2 ecu problems  (Read 1880 times)

Zackcr116

• 91 capri xr2
91 xr2 ecu problems
« on: October 28, 2018, 12:05:18 PM »

I have a 91 xr2 that had been sitting for a few years, the previous owner changed the head because it was supposedly cracked, and also replaced the turbo.  Both were junkyard parts.  I bought it not running, changed the plug wires and it ran but dumped fuel out the exhaust.  #1 and #3 injectors were firing all the time.  I removed ecu and dried it out, put it back in and it ran beautifully for 20 miles.  Then it sheared the tit off of the intake cam so the cam gear spun and got out of time.  I replaced the cam and i believe i got it back in time( timed it by tdc, did not get to crank pulley)  i have good compression but wont fire.  Not sure if injectors are firing now.  I have fuel to the rail but after that i havnt checked yet.  Im thinking its the ecu acting up again.  Just curious if anyone has any tips on what to do next or if im missing something stupid.  Thanks.

blueamber

Re: 91 xr2 ecu problems
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 08:26:29 PM »

I think autozone or oreillys loans out injector test lights.  Spray starter fluid into the intake is a good diagnostic for fuel / spark issues.