Classifieds > Capri Parts

WTB Radiator to fit 91 Xr2

(1/3) > >>

Incubus828:
Hey guys,

I'm sure you have seen me post a couple times but I'm slowly working on fixing up a 91 Xr2.

Right now the main issue I have is a really bad radiator leak, so I'm looking to buy a new one. Preferably, I would like to buy a full aluminum one so I don't have to worry about any plastic cracking etc etc. However I'm not sure as to where to acquire that. If anyone has one or if anyone knows where I can get one I would be very appreciative.

I'm located in Lafayette, Indiana.

-Justin

Rocketman:
So, the gettin' place used to be GenesisAutoParts.com but it looks like that site isn't around anymore.

I am seeing this one on Amazon, it appears correct: www.amazon.com/HPR059-Aluminum-Radiator-Automatic-Transmission/dp/B00FG8GDDO

Not seeing any other hits for them at the moment, but I didn't go full google-fu on it

Incubus828:
That one looks good, but it does specify in the product description that its for the Auto trans.  Is there any real difference in radiators between the autos and manuals?  I couldn't think of any real reason as to why...but I just want to make sure so I don't order it and regret.

I found one on Rock Auto made by Spectra that is more expensive but looks like its measured the same( https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=996314&cc=1196636&jsn=422 ). This one also says that is for both so if its measured the same I would assume it would work.  Mostly just trying to cover my bases.  Look twice buy once, that's the saying right?  ;)

Thanks for your time and help, I definitely appreciate it.

Rocketman:
Those Spectra units seem pretty legit too. Stamped brass end tanks and all.

The difference in auto/manual is the transmission cooler installed inside the bottom end tank. It's a heat exchanger for the auto trans fluid.
You simply don't connect anything to it on a manual car. It won't hurt anything to have it there.
I think most aftermarket Capri radiators will have the cooler in it - it's cheaper for 'them' to make one design that will work for everything.

Incubus828:
Sorry for the long wait on response.

I'm probably going to go with the radiator from amazon since its just a bit cheaper.  At this point we are already looking at quite a chunk of change to fix the car so every dollar I can save (with reason) counts  :P

Random question (and I can make a new post about it if I need to): is there a place to buy braided steel brake lines that fit the Capri's?  Or would the braided lines that I can buy for a Miata fit? One of the brake lines just went out (hooray) and I figured I would just go ahead and replace all of the lines while I was at it. I know that the braided lines are mostly for if we want to race the car but I feel like they might last a little longer and since my fiancé primarily drives the Xr2 I want to keep it as safe as I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version