General > Build Threads

The 1992 XR2 (SOLD)

(1/4) > >>

CapriXR92814:
Hello everyone; I picked up a XR2 and have been nose deep in the forum for a few weeks. I would like to introduce myself (Jeremiah) and get to know everyone. This little video I took explains the basics as I'm about to head to work.

Big plans are ahead possibly; dependent on how much this car grows on me. I recommend watching the video until I have time to add my flurry of pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88kIkXXvN-o

greywolf27030:
Welcome, looks like you scored big time.  Good luck with it, they are habit forming.

Jack Byrd

Zmbzy:
That's a pretty one for $600, especially with the turbo and hardtop! I love those wheels, and it looks like it's in about the same condition that I bought mine in. Capris are a spartan economy car with a luxury badge and they leak water like nobody's business, but they are endearing little cars

I'm constantly frustrated by the tiny engine bay and my slow N/A motor, but I don't think I'll give it up any time soon

jdp:
Looks good!  I have one just like it.

John

CapriXR92814:
Issues on the capri have risen. I started the day with a test ride and the turbo stayed at 6psi on a short drive. I park it and take the headlight out to put in new grease; try on a ride after and the turbo boosts to over 15psi and feels like it keeps going. I've only driven a few times after that to test for a possible leak or see if anything happened when I undid my previous work. My guess is the wastegate is stuck closed possibly? Car doesn't have a MBC that I see; but if I am not mistaken I have a 1G DSM BOV. I havent checked for Rocketchip assuming this car was all stock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version