TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Vent drain  (Read 2120 times)

herdfan75

• 94 Capri XR2
Vent drain
« on: September 10, 2018, 08:16:09 PM »

Still chasing down the musty smell in my Capri. Is there a drain for the vent at the back of the hood/below the windshield?  I know leaves get down in there so surely there’s a drain for water. Where does it exit?

herdfan75

• 94 Capri XR2
Re: Vent drain
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:00:24 PM »

Any ideas?  ;)

blueamber

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »

The only drain I know of is for the A/C, which may be connected to drainage for the vent intake opening.  If that hose is clogged the passenger gets water sloshed onto their feet.  It's a black hose, small diameter, passenger side, near the firewall.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »

I haven't looked, but fender vents are normally slots on the inside at the bottom of the fender.  Sometimes you have to remove the fender to clean them.  Of course rust is always a problem when trash accumulates and holds moisture in there.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

herdfan75

• 94 Capri XR2
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 03:18:44 PM »

I believe the drains are at the top corner of the fenders as I found a bunch of debris down in there. I'm going to try to flush those out and get all the gunk out of there.  I'll report back.