TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Brake Light Socket Repair  (Read 2233 times)

herdfan75

• 94 Capri XR2
Brake Light Socket Repair
« on: September 03, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »

Can someone point me to the threads regarding repairing the melted brake light hole on the 94 Capri? Seems that I read a thread here years ago on how someone took another brake light and cut the melted part out and epoxied a new one in and drilled some vent holes to prevent the melting in the future, but I can't find it anywhere.  I need to perform this repair on my 94 XR2.

Thanks!

blueamber

Re: Brake Light Socket Repair
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 01:10:35 AM »

If you can find a 91 to 93 tail light, the sockets in it will work in the 94.  I saw them out and glue in with fiberglass cloth. You can use an LED replacement bulb to keep heat down, make sure the bulb will fit lengthwise in the repaired socket.

herdfan75

• 94 Capri XR2
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »

Ok, thank you.  I knew I had read somewhere how to fix it but couldn't remember exactly what was used. Doesn't sound too hard.

MichaelCapri

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 04:13:22 AM »

If you can find a 91 to 93 tail light, the sockets in it will work in the 94.  I saw them out and glue in with fiberglass cloth. You can use an LED replacement bulb to keep heat down, make sure the bulb will fit lengthwise in the repaired socket.

I have same problem with mit 1994 Capri. Many thanks for this helpfull hint !
Kind Regards Mike

Mercury Capri 1,6 n/a 1994 Reef Green