General > General

PCM to get my A/C working

(1/2) > >>

greywolf27030:
It appears I have a PCM problem.  My A/C compressor won't turn on.  When you ground the white A/C relay wire(PCM wire), it comes on fine and blows cold.  I'm guessing a PCM problem.  The cruise control also quit working.  Maybe also a PCM problem.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  The car is a 91 XR2.  Does anyone have a spare XR2 PCM?

Jack Byrd

Rocketman:
I don't think the PCM controls these items. Particularly the cruise control. It has its own module under the dash

blueamber:
That white wire is from the PCM to turn on or off the AC clutch if a bad pressure condition is sensed by the AC clutch cycling pressure switch.  If the pressure is too high you've got something wrong in the system that must be fixed, too much freon, clogged evap, something... If the pressure checks out OK (not too high, not too low) then maybe bad is the PCM, wiring, pressure switch, AC module, could be lots of things.

greywolf27030:
Pressure is fine.  The only way the clutch will function is when you ground the white wire to the PCM.

Thanks, Jack Byrd

greywolf27030:

--- Quote from: Rocketman on September 03, 2018, 07:09:43 PM ---I don't think the PCM controls these items. Particularly the cruise control. It has its own module under the dash

--- End quote ---

So I"ve got two problems, crap.

Thanks....lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version