TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Lean condition going into boost  (Read 2275 times)

Aus Capri

• 1989 Capri Turbo
Lean condition going into boost
« on: August 12, 2018, 01:10:04 PM »

Hey all I have a vj11/14 hybrid and chipped ecu, when i turn the boost up past 10psi i can see my air fuel ratio going lean before going rich. it gets worse the higher i turn up the boost.
I can see the ecu transition from open loop to closed loop fine. Afr's around 14.7 and when i put my foot down drops to around 12, but as boost hits it goes up to 14-15 and lingers there before dropping back to around 11-12. its not that noticeable in first and second gears but in third gear it leans out badly especially if the boost is 14psi. not using the boost controller the afr's look fine and dont spike like that? if i rev out first and second and keep pulling into third it seems OK, its just when i go wide open throttle when cruising.

Any ideas?
Distributor g signal?
Distributor timing advance?

I have checked the TPS and it seems to be fine
what would make it go lean before going rich?

Any thoughts on this would be great cheers and have fun with your capri's!

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: Lean condition going into boost
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 01:58:30 PM »

What chip do you have?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Aus Capri

• 1989 Capri Turbo
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 12:22:01 AM »

I have been told it is Fueltronic, I got it off a guy here in Australia,  I was going to send you my ecu but i was told the American and Australian Chips may be different due to different fuel standards? He is the administrator of fordlaser.com and posts as FOSGATE, he seems very knowledgeable about everything B6T.
Have you ever heard of this chip?
I seemed to get a problem with the solenoid valve on the fuel regulator vacuum line when i switched to this ecu, it was making things very lean so i bypassed it with vac line straight from the manifold to the fuel pressure regulator. Does the ecu control this solenoid valve or is it something else, FOSGATE said its not on the ford lasers. Is it just to make for easier starting by cutting the vacuum?

Other things i have tried are,
New fuel pump
New fuel pressure regulator
Checked TPS and setup correctly, seems fine

Aus Capri

• 1989 Capri Turbo
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 12:25:33 AM »

I swapped the ecu as well so i cant easily swap it back to see any difference

belleaudb

• 92 XR2
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »

The PRC solenoid only operates during hot starts. It blocks vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator to provide full fuel pressure to avoid fuel boiling in the fuel rail.

On my car I bypassed it completely.