TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: From 1.6l B6T to something more powerful... Any Advice?  (Read 7362 times)

LGCapri

• 1992 Purple Capri XR2
From 1.6l B6T to something more powerful... Any Advice?
« on: August 03, 2018, 06:25:54 PM »

I got my license a month ago, and exactly one week after I bought a '92 Capri XR2 (One of the greatest decisions I have ever made if I do say...). I love it so much, and it needs a little love. However, while the engine is fast, I always want to go faster. I've done a little research, and so far I have gathered that the Mazda BPT is a good upgrade, among others. Does anyone have any advice to help me find more options and where to look for my final option?

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: From 1.6l B6T to something more powerful... Any Advice?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »

Go to the turbo section and there are lots of information on modifying and there is also a lot of information on swapping.  There is a company in Florida called BP performance and they will build you a 400HP engine.  Check out their videos.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: From 1.6l B6T to something more powerful... Any Advice?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »

If you've got an XR2 you can do a LOT to make the car much much quicker before upgrading the whole engine. You can grab another 30-40hp without too much effort, and it makes it a totally different car! That's the neat thing about older turbo cars, do some supporting mods & crank up the boost, new car!

That said there's a thread about the BP engine swap in the Engine & Drivetrain Swaps subforum here
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"