TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: injectors  (Read 2656 times)

cegtv

• 1991 capri xr
injectors
« on: August 02, 2018, 08:09:44 PM »

hello all newbie here my friend just sold me a 1991 xr2 ,    in need of tlc      i ordered an iNjector replacement kit from mr.injector,
i dont have a shop manual yet what is the procedure to remove old injectors. and the rail ,also any surprises i need to know about thanks paUL

87blacklantern

• 1991 xr2
Re: injectors
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 01:35:11 AM »

Yea good luck getting any help on here. I don't feel like any one is very helpful any more on here idk. But let me know or I'll let you know. I have bought new o rings and filters for my injectors. Just been meaning to put them on. Yet because I don't own a repair book either yet and I've only done something like replacing injectors with my day along time ago lol

jdp

• 1994 Magenta Capri NA, 94 Reef greenXR2 and 92 XR2
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 10:00:48 AM »

There is not as much activity on this forum as there used to be, but use the search function.  It is a wonderful repository of everything that I have needed.  I am not an experienced mechanic, but like to take care of my own capris.   If you are not a member of the facebook group, then please consider joining it.  There are quite of the few of the experienced folks on there that are also the some of the main contributors on this forum and in many cases, you may get a quicker response.   Between this forum and the facebook group, I have found most everything that I need using search function.
John

cegtv

• 1991 capri xr
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 10:01:36 AM »

i actually work at an o-ring company   i just got the manual on cd at rock auto for $25.00     but it wont be here til next week

jdp

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 10:15:39 AM »

It seems the links to the manuals is broken.  If you go to the general category, there is a thread about it.   Rocketman has a link to many of the manual sections on his website.

I was fortunate enough to have printed off most all sections last year.  I hope this helps.
John

jdp

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 10:18:02 AM »

Also, you will ocassionally find manuals for sale on ebay and facebook group.
John

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 04:33:09 PM »

You can see/download service manuals at www.techcapri.com

As for replacing the injectors---- remove the throttle body, disconnect the fuel lines to the rail, undo the electrical connectors to each injector, and remove a few bolts that hold the fuel rail to the intake manifold. Then you just pull the whole rail with the injectors still attached.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »

Yea good luck getting any help on here. I don't feel like any one is very helpful any more on here idk. But let me know or I'll let you know. I have bought new o rings and filters for my injectors. Just been meaning to put them on. Yet because I don't own a repair book either yet and I've only done something like replacing injectors with my day along time ago lol

These cars are aging, this place was super active back in the day. If you want activity try the Facebook group, it's more active, but there is even less good info there. The signal to noise ratio is excellent here, and the FB group is mostly noise, no information retention there.
The virtue is the search function here. When I acquired the forum is was completely outdated and would have been so much easier to just start fresh. I spent several months working on finding a solution that retained all the old information, and through some vintage forum converter gymnastics I was able to migrate everything. The information is vital to owners of our cars and to their long term survival. You might not see a whole lot of folks post here but the web traffic tells a very different story.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 09:40:38 PM »

That said, what's up with your injectors? I don't recall many people having problems with them, generally when they are a problem you can take them to a specialty shop that will clean & service them & provide a print out of the flow rates
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"