TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: xr2 mechanics  (Read 6136 times)

JJ

xr2 mechanics
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:00:22 PM »

Anyone know a reputable capri mechanic in/around NC/SC? need some general work done (timing belt, et al) and although many of the shops say they can do it, we all know when you're working with a car that's 29 years old things happen/are stuck/break/etc. I'd rather have someone familiar with common (possibly undocumented) replacement parts, spare parts cars around, etc etc. is that asking too much?

Also have the stupid airbag 4 blink which i haven't really wanted to mess around with tracking down. and my cruise quit working (and it's not the pedal/switch/hole issue)

Thanks!

JJ

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: xr2 mechanics
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 09:20:45 AM »

I've had excellent results with Main Street Automotive in Dobson, NC.  May be to far away. I disconnected the airbag control and removed the bulb from the cluster.  I don't really trust the system that is that old.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

JJ

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »

I've had excellent results with Main Street Automotive in Dobson, NC. 

That's only 90 miles. drop in the bucket. thx!

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 09:29:41 AM »

I've had excellent results with Main Street Automotive in Dobson, NC. 

That's only 90 miles. drop in the bucket. thx!

lol
Jack Byrd