Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri N/A 89-94

First post! My instrument lighs don't work!

(1/3) > >>

pilotlars:
I've got a 1993 NA that I purchased 3 years ago and I'm finally repairing it! It seems that the instrument cluster and dashboard lights don't work. The exterior lights work as do the footwell lights and highbeam and left/right turn signal indicators in the gauge cluster work. I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere so i'm going to have to check if there's current going from the lightswitch to the cluster lights... are they on a seperate fuse maybe? Thanks in advance!

Gaz:
I'm having the same issue. Do your horn and cruise work? If not, you're probably looking at replacing a resistor pack/load controller of some kind that sits behind the instrument cluster. It looks to me like it is integral with some harness back there, so it probably is not a plug and play affair, and some grafting may be involved. I have been unable to locate it new, and I don't see anything like it on Russ' Capri parts page.

pilotlars:
The car has no seats, hence no driving, hence no way to check the cruise control lol. I hadn't honked the horn as there are few dangerous obstacles in my driveway. Oh and there's no steering wheel right now because the ignition cylinder totally broke so i'm going to bypass the entire ignition key and make the car REALLY easy to steal lol.

Rocketman:

--- Quote from: Gaz on May 27, 2018, 12:08:00 PM ---I'm having the same issue. Do your horn and cruise work? If not, you're probably looking at replacing a resistor pack/load controller of some kind that sits behind the instrument cluster. It looks to me like it is integral with some harness back there, so it probably is not a plug and play affair, and some grafting may be involved. I have been unable to locate it new, and I don't see anything like it on Russ' Capri parts page.

--- End quote ---

It is a module, it is not integrated to the harness. I believe it is a brown plastic case with some air cooling cut outs, it should be under the dash somewhere on the left side, above the fusebox, in that region

There are wiring diagrams on TechCapri: https://www.techcapri.com/Wiring.html

pilotlars:
I saw those diagrams a few days ago but they don't even show the rheostat for the dashboard lights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version