TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Code 52  (Read 3124 times)

rry315

Code 52
« on: May 10, 2018, 07:50:13 PM »

I have a 93 NA, 5 speed, that has been parked in my garage for 6 years. When I last drove it there was a CEL with a code 52. I am going to get it back on the road this summer and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me to troubleshoot this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
 This is my second Capri , 1st was a 91 turbo. Actually it is my 3rd the first was my 1st new car a 1973 Capri 2600, still miss it!

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: Code 52
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 09:43:04 PM »

Are you sure it's a 52?

http://teamcapri.com/howtos/cartroublecodes.html

This list shows it as a non-capri Ford code for power steering pressure, I don't think we even have a PS sensor on the Capri
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

rry315

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 05:40:24 AM »

Thank you for the quick response. I was able to find an old write up sent to me some time ago, pardon the coffee stains.
I’m having trouble figuring out how to attach the documents
In short it says from 94 manual which includes late 93’s Code 52 Back up power supply Voltage Boost Failure, possible air bag failure

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 09:51:01 AM »

Is your check engine light on or is the airbag light on?

If it's the engine light, then the code would probably be 25.

This list shows it as a non-capri Ford code for power steering pressure, I don't think we even have a PS sensor on the Capri

We do have a pressure switch inside our power steering pump.

rry315

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »

I will have an update soon. Like I mentioned it has been sitting for 6 years so I am charging battery etc.

MichaelCapri

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 12:44:47 AM »

Itīs an old post but i know the problem. I have the some one 2 times after winter and empty batterys.
The ecu from the airbag have 4 big capacitors and some small. The dry out with the time and then the needed loaded voltage isnīt get the right value in a definated time.
changing this capacitors would help me. ( 1.st time a take an old ecu from a Ford Probe.. Itīs the same one, 2nd time a change the capacitors and the unit would be run perfectly )

Kind Regards Mike

Mercury Capri 1,6 n/a 1994 Reef Green