Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

Turbo cuts off

(1/3) > >>

Skip13:
I have a 91 XR-2 when I turn the AC on My Turbo stopped working any help with this problem

belleaudb:
This question is very vague. We need more information to help you.

Are you saying that the car responds poorly when the a/c is on? Or that there is no turbo boost at all?

There is no electrical connection between the turbocharger system and the a/c system.

On my 92 the car performance is degraded a bit when the a/c is on, especially at low RPM. The a/c system consumes a lot of engine power, as well as a fairly high load on the electrical system, which causes a higher load on the engine from the alternator.

Estimate are that a/c compressor operation consumes anywhere from 4 to 11 horsepower. That doesnt include additional load from the alternator to run the compressor clutch, the blower moter, and both condenser cooling fans.

Rocketman:
The turbo won't just "shut off" like he says, we do need some more information

Does this happen when you're driving? Any other symptoms? What troubleshooting have you done?

Skip13:
My turbo cut off when I turned on the A/C. No white smoke nothing just has no power now 1 gear lucky if I'll go 15 miles hr  3gear 30 no matter how far down I press on the accelerator

Gas:
I'm willing to bet your turbo is fine. When the AC compressor kicks on, it puts a strain on the engine. When was the last time you did a tune-up? If your plugs/wires/cap/rotor are worn out, any extra stress on your engine will exacerbate the symptoms of a worn out ignition system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version