TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: 94 XR2 R.I.P ;-{  (Read 2236 times)

lionhrt

94 XR2 R.I.P ;-{
« on: June 10, 2011, 04:45:00 AM »

hey everyone long time no see, I sold my 94XR2 to my sister when she moved to Arizona and she just called me and told me that the motor died and she used it for a trade in on a new car. How ever she saved the hardtop and the roadster cover that I had gotten for it. She wanted to know what she should ask for these parts they are both Reef Green. If you have any ideas what she should ask could you shoot me an email to lionhrt_@hotmail.com. Thanks
capri-less in Seattle

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
94 XR2 R.I.P ;-{
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »

Hey Lionhart! I have similar but more intense pain. I bought a reef green '94XR2 21/2 yrs ago in indiana. I flew in from Cali and drove it home. In the travels home I drove thru Penn and met Rocketman then thru Ill and met Russ then on home. The car had a sour motor and I was not able to register it because of not meeting smog. So I parked it in my storage with many of my other Capris. I failed to transfer it to name and register it non-op and left all the paper-work in the glove-box. Well!!!!!! it was stolen last fall. When my good friend CHICKEN noticed a listing of a '94capri in the local pick-n-pull he called my attention. yes it was my XR2. But I did not have any proof of ownership and was not able to reach the prior owner for several weeks to get any copies of paper-work until too late. There is lots more to the story but you can feel my pain from this short snippet. Gus in Sacto

capriguyJohn

94 XR2 R.I.P ;-{
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »

I'm interested in the roadster top  I kno they are like 2 Somthin brand new would have to change the color but don't mind let me kno I will even pay shipping

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
94 XR2 R.I.P ;-{
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 05:58:00 AM »

what dealer in arizona? Maybe i will go get it.../?
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible