TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: From 1.6l B6T to something more powerful... Any Advice?  (Read 7359 times)

LGCapri

• 1992 Purple Capri XR2
From 1.6l B6T to something more powerful... Any Advice?
« on: August 03, 2018, 06:25:54 PM »

I got my license a month ago, and exactly one week after I bought a '92 Capri XR2 (One of the greatest decisions I have ever made if I do say...). I love it so much, and it needs a little love. However, while the engine is fast, I always want to go faster. I've done a little research, and so far I have gathered that the Mazda BPT is a good upgrade, among others. Does anyone have any advice to help me find more options and where to look for my final option?

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: From 1.6l B6T to something more powerful... Any Advice?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »

Go to the turbo section and there are lots of information on modifying and there is also a lot of information on swapping.  There is a company in Florida called BP performance and they will build you a 400HP engine.  Check out their videos.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: From 1.6l B6T to something more powerful... Any Advice?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »

If you've got an XR2 you can do a LOT to make the car much much quicker before upgrading the whole engine. You can grab another 30-40hp without too much effort, and it makes it a totally different car! That's the neat thing about older turbo cars, do some supporting mods & crank up the boost, new car!

That said there's a thread about the BP engine swap in the Engine & Drivetrain Swaps subforum here
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"