TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SOLVED?? Misfiring or fuel cuts out under load?  (Read 18487 times)

JJ

Re: SOLVED?? Misfiring or fuel cuts out under load?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 12:53:54 PM »

Well... if it’s stupid, and it works, it ain’t stupid! 

So I decided to try taking the whole grounding bracket off of the thermostat housing (the thing that the grounds bolt to and the O2 sensor harness clips onto).  I only got the bolt about half a turn out and coolant started to seep out of the top of the housing, so I wiggled the bracket and retightened the housing. Then I connected the grounds to the negative battery terminal with an alligator clip. NO STUMBLE / MISFIRE / HESITATING / POWER LOSS for two days of driving. I don’t understand it, but I’m happy about it. I took the alligator clip off and it still works, so maybe I scraped through some oxidation or helped the connection by messing with the t-stat bolts. I might try just un-grounding those wires to see if it starts acting up again, but honestly I’m too afraid I won’t be able to reverse it!  I promise I’ll post some more pics including TPS diagnosis this weekend.

glad you got it fixed. I've been away from the boards for a few years. but I had this exact problem for years, and believe I posted that's basically what fixed mine. it went away when i had the radiator/thermostat housing changed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]