TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Ground location help  (Read 2624 times)

Kendelrk

• 91 Capri XR2
Ground location help
« on: February 10, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »

Hello all! This is my first post on team capri, but I've been reading quite a bit from this site since I first got my Capri. Over the past couple of months I've removed my motor and trans, resealed all the major things (rear main seal, oil pan, valve covers) as well as changed the clutch. Upon reinstalling the motor and trans I've found that I have a few grounds misplaced and could use some help as to where certain grounds in the wiring harness are supposed to be bolted. I plan eventually to upgrade my car, but getting it running is the first step. I've found the two grounds near the distributor need to placed on the bracket, but I still have one coming through the firewall I have no clue what to do with. Any help would be appreciated.

belleaudb

• 92 XR2
Re: Ground location help
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 01:25:14 PM »

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 01:28:27 PM by belleaudb »

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:43:49 PM »

Welcome Kendelrk! Sounds like you are getting a lot done. Belleaudb has given you the illustrations, if you need a pic let me know. IIRC, one or maybe two of those grounds were bolted to the transmission under the clutch cable bracket.
 BTW, how 'bout that, three Michiganders on here tonight.
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.

Kendelrk

• 91 Capri XR2
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 05:58:37 PM »

Got a lot of them figured out to the picture, thanks guys! Had one of my distributor grounds disconnected causing a no spark no injector pulse condition, but im back to having it running. Either of you guys running a different boost gauge? Trying to figure out the best place to tap into for it, I was thinking the vaccum line for the boost cut switch that you unplug when you do the rocketchip upgrade. Car will be down a little longer as I do rocketchip upgrade, front mount intercooler, hybrid bov and take care of a few other maintenance items (wheel bearings and the like). Hoping to have a funny peppy summer car to take around town.

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »

Good to hear. I’m running a different one but I just used the stock wastegate actuator hose coming off the driver’s side of the intake manifold since my vj11 hybrid housing has its own boost hose to control the actuator. Any capped off vac source on the manifold will do. When you get a gauge check out my post on the worlds smallest gauge bezel I put up a while ago. I used a nice belt to make mine - the pics say it all.
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.