General > Build Threads

My first Capri, 1991 N/A

(1/12) > >>

Trackerrrr:
I'm gonna post my pics here instead of the general forum as this car's gonna take a fair amount of work to get back on the road. It's a 1991 N/A, Cardinal Red. I picked this pile up for the princely sum of $125 with the assurance that it ran when parked but didn't move very well. Full of trash and dirt. Flat and dry rotted tires. Paint all faded and top was toast too. Battery shot. She's been sitting for at least seven years that I can tell from old registration and the PO's memory. Every panel on this car is either dented or dinged. She's been neglected bad.

Day 1

January 6th 2018

She lives! Pulled the disgustingly cruddy fuel pump out of the tank and gave it a few good whacks and it freed up. Got the car to fire up and it took about 15 minutes of sputtering before she ran fairly smooth. Pics to follow...

jdp:
Congratulations!  Running is the first step to recovery!

Trackerrrr:
Alas, the transmission seems to be toast. Filled it with fluid and not only would it not move, fluid was making a quick escape from somewhere in back of the trans. Pffft...

Also did an oil change tonight. Been a while since I've seen oil that thick and dirty come from an engine.

greywolf27030:
I gave more for my N\A, but yours is worse....lol.  Good luck on that automatic. Welcome to the gang.

Jack Byrd

Trackerrrr:
Doing that oil change seems to have annoyed the car because today when I started it I got clouds of blue smoke from the tailpipe where last night there was no smoke. Probably valve stem seals are needed now. Pulled the headlights to clean and lube the linkage and to repair left side. Used some polishing compound on the paint so she's shiny at least.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version