TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Looking for a Blower fan resistor  (Read 2638 times)

Arizona

• 1994 Mercury Capri Base
Looking for a Blower fan resistor
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:45:56 PM »

Just picked up a 1994 Capri non turbo, and I am trying to locate the correct air conditioning / heater blower motor fan resistor. Just looking for the resistor. I would appreciate any suggestions where to find one or a similar replacement. Only one I could locate was on a site called Modern Capri which wants around $150. with shipping.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
ROBERT J. HANLON

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
Re: Looking for a Blower fan resistor
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:48:37 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Modern Capri sure seems to feel they have cornered the market. Have you searched eBay yet? You could text Russ at Roo Sport and see if he answers. He works 12 hour days now and texts are all that work for him.eight 4 seven 3 seven 0 thirty 7 sixty
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.

Arizona

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:59:18 PM »

Thank you. I shot him a text , and patiently waiting for a response. There has to be a compatible resistor out there to replace it with, but i havent found one yet.
ROBERT J. HANLON

Arizona

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:19:55 PM »

SHOwn , thanks again. Russ has 2 in stock..
ROBERT J. HANLON

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:04:11 AM »

Glad I could help. I’ll have to post the number and situation on the Vendors forum so people get the word.
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.