TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: sway bar end links  (Read 2273 times)

JJ

sway bar end links
« on: August 29, 2017, 10:40:25 PM »

Sooooo, on recommendation of the group, I ordered Energy Suspension 9.8122G sway bar/Stabilizer bar end links.
They are longer than the factory originals I have. the spacer between the two sets of rubber bushings on the ES parts is 1 1/8" long, where as the original links only have 1/2 in. This changes the distance between the control arm and the stabilizer bar, and thus the angle slightly.

Why was everyone saying this is correct? was it because they don't make one with 1/2" spacer?

I'm just wondering in this case how much of a difference it will make. If you unscrew your tie rod end out 1/2 an inch, you have serious issues... so 5/8 inch in some cases can have serious consequences...

I'd prefer it to be as designed.. so i may try to find a different set.

JJ

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: sway bar end links
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »

Can you use your OE 1/2" spacer with the new bushings?

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

JJ

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 10:10:08 PM »

It appears to be integral to the bolt.. not removable

darkfact

• 91 Capri XR2
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:17:32 AM »

Any progress made here? Im ready to order my sway bar bushings and I'm concerned about these ES part numbers being in accurate.