TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: TPS???  (Read 2415 times)

WVFish

• 93 Capri (just arrived)
TPS???
« on: August 17, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »

2nd post and the problems are mounting. 93 Capri 85,000 miles. 1st couple drives took gas well but was sluggish, filled with high test and added a can of "sea foam" by the bottom of that tank was really running well, then I cleaned under the hood, had a little residual water where it shouldn't be. Blew everything out and let it sit apart, open overnight to make sure it was good and dry, ever since then its got a miss, starting out just at low rpm now its all the time, pulled code and it was tps code. Well I just paid $189.00 for a used window regulator, and today the only tps I could find was $189.00 getting 189.00 to death. Help!!!! Thanks in advance

Pappy T

• 91 base Capri
Re: TPS???
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 08:38:46 AM »

Hey WVFish,Did you dry out distributor real good ? Check cap n rotor too. Sounds like time to start pulling wiring connections and using electronic cleaner in them , put some di electric grease in them before reconnecting too. Good luck with it.

WVFish

• 93 Capri (just arrived)
Re: TPS???
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 11:38:09 AM »

Thanks did that last eve again through the whole loop plug, plug wire, distributor. DTC code #12 tps fault. Don't mean to be a tight wad but  between a window regulator and TPS $400.00 starting to hurt. Just hoping someone had a line on the tps I'll be installing window reg. hopefully this eve.