TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: 16th annual MId America Capri Gathering in Freeport, Illinois  (Read 12051 times)

SHOwn

• 91 XR2

I was made aware of this through the very rarely visited yahoo capri groups..
ATTENTION: MACG-16 IS AUG 12TH IN FREEPORT ILLINOIS. INFORMATION TO FOLLOW.

The 16th Mid-America Capri Gathering will be held on Saturday the 12th of August 2017. (Lord willing) The event will be held at the "Oakdale Nature Preserve" in Freeport, Illinois. We have used this venue once before and it is absolutely beautiful and peaceful park. The old building was tore down and a smaller structure is in it's place. This was handed off to me due to family and work problems for Zack and Ian, we hope everything works out for the better for both. You can still register on www.CapriGathering.comthe dates will be off but hopefully I will be able to get the registrations in hand. I know it is short notice, but please let me know if you are planning to attend. I will need to line up caterers and have an idea of how many mouths to feed. The cost to you will be $40, but that can change to lower in the future if I can keep costs down. Any items for the B.O.C. should be sent to me. If you have 30 of something, send it (no, not your underwear). Lets make this a great Bag-O-Crap. After our meal and stuff, we will go down to Freeport's Cruise Night where there are thousands of cars for trophy presentation. Cruise night in Freeport is a big thing and there will be food, music and down the street will be 50+ flavors of ice Cream in an old time (100+ year old) parlor.
Dr. Bob
__._,_.___
Posted by: drbob@gbpackersfan.com

That's the email I got, so don't send any $ or emails to me, correspond with Dr. Bob

Update, send the registration money to DrBob5769@yahoo.com on PayPal.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:25:40 PM by SHOwn »
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.

drbob

• Old-Timer
Re: 16th annual MId America Capri Gathering in Freeport, Illinois
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 06:21:06 AM »

2017 MID-AMERICA CAPRI GATHERING REGISTRATION FORM
REGISTRATION FEE COVERS T-SHIRT AND MEAL FOR TWO.  IF MORE THAN 2 ATTENDING, ADD $5 PER PERSON TO COVER COST OF EXTRA FOOD COSTS

NAME:  _______________________________________________________

ADDRESS_____________________________________________________

EMAIL:   ______________________________________________________

PHONE:_______________________________________________________

HOW MANY MACG’S HAVE YOU ATTENDED? ___________-

CAR INFO:   

YEAR:______________

XR2____________   N/A______________

MODIFICATIONS:  _______________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

T-SHIRT SIZE____________________-

X-TRA T-SHIRTS ARE $12 FOR SHORT SLEEVED AND $15 FOR LONG SLEEVED

X-TRA T-SHIRT:  SHORT SLEEVED __________    LONG SLEEVED__________

X-TRA T-SHIRT AND SIZE:  YES_________    NO___________

XTRA T-SHIRTS XXL +$2 AND 3X AND UP $3 EXTRA

XTRA FOOD:  HOW MANY_____________

SEND PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL:  DRBOB5769@YAHOO.COM

CHECKS/MONEY ORDER/CASH TO:  DrBob,  1335 W. Stover St.  Freeport, IL 61032
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 01:07:43 PM »

I got the t'shirt prices down a buck

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 05:26:57 PM »

It looks like the Capri gathering site has not been up since the crete meet.

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 10:18:46 AM »

Rocketman usually takes care of this stuff, but he is on Walk-a-bout on the trail.  The registration page is listed here, on yahoo groups, Facebook and teamCapri.  all info is on these pages, please feel to look.  Hope to see you there, get registered by the 17th of July

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 05:48:32 AM »

16th Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering:

registration ends the 17th of this month (July). Get it in folks.  I will be selling t-shirts for those who can't be here.  $13 + $5 s&h for short sleeved s-xl, +$2 XXL+.   $16 + $5 s&h long sleeved +$2XXL+.  Shirts will not be mailed out until after the gathering!

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 11:48:07 PM »

I'm in Dr Bob. Sent registration and paypal too. Thanks for setting this up.

I highly recommend anyone who attends to take a short trip the next day, Sunday morning, down to Mendota, IL (65 miles south) for the National Sweet Corn Festival - all the FREE hot buttered sweet corn you can eat at 2pm. The parade is at 1pm if you want to relax a little. Loads of fun and good food -never never never had better corn on the cob!

Join me! Here's a link - You'll love it!!!

http://www.sweetcornfestival.com/index.html
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 04:13:31 AM »

This will be my last gathering, so come and say hi to the Father of American Capri Gatherings. I have been involved with the Capri Community for 18 years and founded the MACG. I have hosted 8 of the 16 events.
The first Capri Gathering was 4 cars in a K-Mart parking lot. Mark, AL, Terri and I, had a great time as we drove to Galena, IL and spent the day wandering around.

The second Gathering, we doubled the cars at 8 and drove to NewGlarus, WI. People didn't know what to think with a bunch of crazy people yelling at a Capri that showed late which allowed out group to double once again.
The third Gathering was one of our most interesting. Attendance doubled again, not only that, it was the first of three years we had the Rockford speedway. A high banked 1/4 mile NASCAR track

Fourth and Fifth Gatherings were also held in Rockford IL at the Rockford speedway where we drove our cars like crazy people, took pictures and then drove to Freeport for the festivities and food and trophies.
Sixth one, hosted by Shirley was rained out and we had 12 cars and we ate at Pizza Hut. It was disappointing because the weather prevented us from going to the Byron Dragstrip a NHRA track. That would of been cool.

7-8 were held in Indiana hosted by Rick and Cheryl these were very well attended with almost 40 cars coming from Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, Minnesota, Pennsylvania,

#9 was back in Freeport where we had a beautiful nature park all to ourselves. (we will be here this year) it rained so we were in the building that was there that fit all of us in it. We had harmonica music by Mark Russillo and trumpet by Vern Vernon Hamberg. Then that night most of us drove to Freeport's cruise night while another group led by Russ Carlson ended up on the way to Rockford. ha ha. We still give him some crap for that.

10-11-12 were held in Volo, IL where we had huge turnouts and a good time was held by all. If you get a chance to go to the Volo Auto museum, GO.

13 was held back in Freeport at Krape Park (the most requested site in Freeport). Our food was catered, we had a great turnout, great food, great friendship and then we headed down to Freeport's Cruise night for our trophy presentation (trophies were VERY cool, not the usual kind of trophy) Many who were attending cruise night gathered around and watched our trophy presentation. Great place. 100 y/o ice cream shop with over 50 flavors of ice cream, great burgers, so you could sit and look out the window and see a small portion of the 1000+ cars that showed up for the event.

14 was held in Indiana by Zack and Todd and it was a great event with another great turnout. incredible B.O.C. and we went to a race track to play the ponies. Some of us got to ride in the gate car during the race. Very Cool.

15 was held at the same park in Indiana and again a great turnout and a lot of fun was had (I didn't make that one, family emergency) but from what I understand it was awesome.

16 is now upon us, we will start at the Oakdale nature trail, then to downtown for cruise night, 100+ year old Ice cream shop with over 50+ flavors of ice cream, bands playing, food, many contests and trophy presentation. and over 1000 cars to rest your eyes upon
Here is our history so far, be a part of it. You have ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 04:16:21 AM by drbob »

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 01:15:08 PM »

Thanks again Dr Bob, for all you are doing.

Could you provide a loose schedule of events for the day so we who are coming from afar can plan our long day? Times are important to us as we try to figure out when to arrive, eat (food is provided but what time of day - lunch or dinner?)

I'm going to have almost a 2 hour trip back to my dad's that evening so I will need some more schedule info to plan this trip.
R. Powell

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »

We will start at 10am. End whenever everyone leaves.  Trophys around 7pm

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 07:30:05 PM »

So is the meal at around noon or more like 5? Just wondering if I should stop for breakfast or not.
R. Powell