TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Front right turn lamp wont work.....  (Read 2106 times)

Casper

• 93 XR2 and 91 Turbo Clubsprint (tribute)
Front right turn lamp wont work.....
« on: June 20, 2017, 09:07:54 AM »

Hi All,

I am puzzled by my front right turn lamp that wont work - the side and rear do work but not the front - fast flashing like a bulb has blown - but pulled the bulb and it is still good (put a new one in to check any way as well) - no apparent issues with bulb or holder (no corrosion, etc).

Any thoughts on why one globe (that hasn't blown) wont work but all others do?  Hazard lights work but not that bulb.....

I had a look in the wiring diagram and notice the front turn lamp is shown connected through a different route to the side and rear lamps - would it run off a different fuse?

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
Re: Front right turn lamp wont work.....
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 02:46:12 PM »

Not a separate circuit (I think). Those sockets are notorious for bad connections though. Just put turn signal into the search bar above and read up on the issues. Have you tried contact cleaner or a small pick-file to clean the contact surfaces some?

Because the turn signal housings are two piece, they don't seal well all the time and usually get some moisture in them from time to time. Every once in a while I have to take one apart and clean up contacts.
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:20:21 PM »

There are no fuses between the turn indicator/hazard switch and the bulbs.

First thing I would check is the electrical connector that connects the turn indicator housing pigtail to the chassis wiring, it's located in the back of the headlight bucket.

Casper

• 93 XR2 and 91 Turbo Clubsprint (tribute)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 10:14:38 PM »

Thanks for the responses - I will have a closer look at the contacts but they did look very clean.

I assume I may have to remove the headlight to the get to the wiring below?  All a bit tight for my hands.....