TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: New to capri's..1993 xr2 no spark?....  (Read 2513 times)

Racespire95

• soon to be XR2 swapped ford aspire
New to capri's..1993 xr2 no spark?....
« on: April 29, 2017, 10:53:08 PM »

Start off saying hi im new to the sight and to the world of capri's, im going to keep this short (its a long story) i bought a 1993 xr2 for the engine&trans. the car was in the salvage yard - i was told it ran and drove by the workers who drove it around the yard. It was out of fuel it started on starting fluid brought it home put in fuel no fuel pressure fixed that issue now i have no spark  :-\ im new to computer controlled engines what should i look for or replace?  orignally the rpm gauge moved when cranking it now no longer does (i heard that can be a sign of something) ive replaced the module? In distributer just below the rotor button i have 12v to the coil, the plug that connects to the distributor i have 10-11v to one pin and 0.8v to another(idk the accuracy of that one i was using a harbor freight tester)... Any help would be appreciated!!thanks

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: New to capri's..1993 xr2 no spark?....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:47:40 AM »

Welcome to the group.  I have a Festiva and bought my first Capri for the same reason as you, but was able to get mine going easily.  I got hooked on the Capri, now have a second one and am considering selling the Festiva.  Sounds like your problem is the ignition module.  There are others on here with much more experience.  This is my first foray into fuel injection also.  The Festiva forum has more members and is more active than this one but both are full of great people and some are active on both.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

frog

• 93 xr2 & 91 N/A
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 03:21:41 PM »

I had this issue with my 93 xr2 mine was a bad connection in the white wire harness plug just to the right of the overflow bottle. my check engine lite would not come on but it would crank. it was one really corroded. it was a white connector square with about 6 to 8 wires in it.

Racespire95

• soon to be XR2 swapped ford aspire
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »

Thanks frog and jack ill look into thoes to things hopefully itll solve the problem , since im gonna be using the engine in another car i want to get it running 100% because once its out it be a nightmare trying to troubleshoot