TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: New here. Radiator question.  (Read 1698 times)

Jsprudhom

• Crown vic. Cx5. Capri.
New here. Radiator question.
« on: March 24, 2017, 11:06:51 AM »

Good morning everyone. I searched for the answer to my question, but there seemed to be some confusion.

I'm trying to go pick up a Capri that's 13 or so hours away. trouble is, it got run up under a Ford Escape. Damage is all body and radiator. Broke the radiator right below the filler neck.  I'm going to try to epoxy it to get it a couple hours down the road, where I can replace it if I need to.

If needed, has anyone determined what the correct part number for an xr2 replacement is? I saw a couple threads where guys were getting radiators that were too wide. Don't want to be dealing with that a long way from home.

Also, on replacing it. Do the turbo models have transmission cooling lines that run out of the radiator to deal with also? Anything else I may want to consider?

I can't post pictures that aren't posted to the internet, apparently, so I can't show you the actual damage to the radiator. If someone wants to middleman me, I'm happy to send it.

Thanks y'all.