TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: New here. Radiator question.  (Read 1680 times)

Jsprudhom

• Crown vic. Cx5. Capri.
New here. Radiator question.
« on: March 24, 2017, 11:06:51 AM »

Good morning everyone. I searched for the answer to my question, but there seemed to be some confusion.

I'm trying to go pick up a Capri that's 13 or so hours away. trouble is, it got run up under a Ford Escape. Damage is all body and radiator. Broke the radiator right below the filler neck.  I'm going to try to epoxy it to get it a couple hours down the road, where I can replace it if I need to.

If needed, has anyone determined what the correct part number for an xr2 replacement is? I saw a couple threads where guys were getting radiators that were too wide. Don't want to be dealing with that a long way from home.

Also, on replacing it. Do the turbo models have transmission cooling lines that run out of the radiator to deal with also? Anything else I may want to consider?

I can't post pictures that aren't posted to the internet, apparently, so I can't show you the actual damage to the radiator. If someone wants to middleman me, I'm happy to send it.

Thanks y'all.