TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More power!!!!  (Read 6493 times)

snaponcapri

• 93 Capri xr2
More power!!!!
« on: March 10, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »

So I've got the rocket chip in and I still feel like I need more power I'm getting a head ported and polished this month and putting the flying Miata head studs and titanium valve springs and retainers in it also got a t4 coming for the car can I get bigger injectors for our cars or does any body know what ours are rated at just want to keep fuel coming with my testy turbo upgrades and head job

93 capri xr2
Upgrades 2.5 exhaust
Ram air conversion
Rocketchip
Ported waste gate
Big @ss inner cooler  ;D

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
Re: More power!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:01:11 PM »

IMO a T4 is going to be way to big. Whats the stats on the turbo. If its a ebay turbo make sure you run a oil restrictor, if you dont they like to break engines.

If you wouldnt mind post how much all that headwork costs.

You can use RX7 440cc I know off the top of my head. I believ the stock injectors are only 200cc but im unsure.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

snaponcapri

• 93 Capri xr2
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 08:14:49 PM »

Cool thanks snakes didn't know the rx7 would fit I work at a ford/Mazda dealership so I get all my stuff pretty cheap and I think my head work is going to run me around 300 but the valves springs and studs are what really going to cost me looking at close to 1500 in total and as for the turbo it's a gt3582 if that helps it's an eBay turbo as well I figure I would have to restrict it also going to port it if they didn't do it already have it ported I've got a tbird turbo that I was going to convert but I couldn't find any vj11 so I said screw it since our IHIs are so laggy I figured I would go with a t4 since it's bigger and gives me room to tune and add power I'm already in the works of getting coilovers for the car and thinking about doing a complete brake hub swamp with a 2012 focus set up just have to use the inner cv axle input shaft so I don't have to mess with the trans but I will be putting a better clutch and lsd in it

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »

GT3582 is going to be laggy as hell it meant for 1.8ls or higher. The Miata guys use it for their BPs and make serious power ie around 350-400. If you can try to get a GT2560R those are good to atleast 275. One thing to note at around 250hp our stock conrods break. At 300hp with aftermarket conrods the stock piston breaks, so invest in those if you want to go higher then that.

Look around TurboMiata.net that can help you plan what size injectors you need.

iMHO you really should invest in Megasquirt, the stock ecu cant comprehend injector size change so you might run into problems there. The most important part of any engine build is the tune, because running too lean or too rich too long will kill a engine. Im not saying Rocketmans chip is bad or anything, but what im saying is its really only for moderate upgrades ie hybrid swaps. The Rocketchip might be sufficient for your goals, I would let Rocketman weigh in before you went straight to Megasquirt.

Oh yea make sure to port your intake manifold and exhaust manifold to match otherwise the head port doesnt do much good.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:50:50 PM by WashiestSnake »

snaponcapri

• 93 Capri xr2
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 01:13:41 PM »

Well that website doesn't seem to exist  :'(
But alright sounds like a plan in my book I've been trying to get a block to but alls I can find are n/a motors and don't know if they will even work with our turbo set ups and I'm wanting to put just about 325 if that's even possible with our engines

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:18:45 PM »

Woops its MiataTurbo.net.
Im not knocking anything your doing btw I think its awesome  ;D

Its your build do what you want and have fun with it, I could very well be wrong about the turbo. That turbo is a ballbearing tuebo so it might come to life sooner then id think.

Also N/A blocks will work just fine its the exact same block. Youll have to drill a hole in the oil pan and tap it for the oil supply to the turbo. Other then that oilfeed, and compression ratio the b6t is the same motor. Even a Miata block/head would work, but youd have to swap all of our FWD parts.

snaponcapri

• 93 Capri xr2
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 11:18:10 PM »

That's my car right now give or take some dings

And I know you mean well snakes I think of it as helpful tips to keep me from blowing up yet another engine also I'll give the cite a try again now in reverse

Also I've got a buddy running a cooper s with a sohc and he's pushing close to 260 bwhp and he's pulling on me every time and I can't let that happen anymore so instead of the head being pulled next week I'm pulling the whole damn engine and building that thing out of that donor car 

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 12:09:27 AM »

Man those wheels are killer 8) You should invest in some fender flares! The grip must be unreal.
Really good paintwork, wish mine had that shine.

Yea those Minis are amazing, one of my friends has a S and its fast as hell.

snaponcapri

• 93 Capri xr2
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 10:57:25 AM »

Thanks man  Maguires  and a buffer go along way with these cars and yeah that's my next thing to do with the cars body I'll post an actual build thread here soon

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 11:50:09 PM »

That turbo is a ballbearing tuebo so it might come to life sooner then id think.

Our turbos use bushings rather than bearings?

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 08:07:12 AM »

Im not sure, from everything I've heard the Garret turbos are much faster to spool then older turbos like ours. I guess it all has to due with advancements in bearing and the design of the exhaust wheel. My turbo knowledge is very limited, and I really only know the Garret lineup because some of my buddies have Miatas using them

i believe our turbos are single bearing, whereas the Garret stuff is dual bearing.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:19:43 PM by WashiestSnake »

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 07:21:33 PM »

I've heard Borg-Warner makes some very advanced turbos.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

snaponcapri

• 93 Capri xr2
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »

So I found out today it's going to be 300 for a whole engine to build not bad I think and I've heard that about garrets too idk I'll see what turbo I want to do when I get to that I need to build this little monster first flyin Miatas forged pistons are on back order :'(

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 08:32:42 PM »

You dont have to get Flyin Miata pistons ive heard good stuff about the Eagle and Weisco brand.

Remember when you build the engine you really should upgrade all the components inside. Id get ACL bearings, ARP Hardware, etc. You have to remember our engines arent designed for high hp so your goal is to upgrade everything to limit failure asmuch as possible.

snaponcapri

• 93 Capri xr2
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 09:03:36 PM »

Wiseco is the piston they are selling and that was the plan to build the block top to bottom
Pages: [1] 2