TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: door check  (Read 7646 times)

snookie_p

• '91 Capri Base
door check
« on: March 10, 2017, 12:31:14 PM »

I'm bound and determined to stop my doors from flailing around in whatever direction gravity takes them. Finding new door checks for this vehicle, however, is proving more difficult than I would have thought.

Anybody out there know if I might get away with the part from a 1988 Ford Festiva? Other suggestions? (And please don't tell me to check junkyards; it's awfully unlikely that a junkyard part is going to be an improvement over what I've already got.)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: door check
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:05:12 PM »

I've had decent luck with them in the junkyard. It's the part that sucks.

Maybe try looking into the BF mazda 323. Probably the hatchback. Doubt they can be had new. Maybe NOS dealer parts
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

snookie_p

• '91 Capri Base
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 02:10:17 PM »

Thanks, Rocketman. I've decided to take one of the old ones out and either see if it's possible to renew it or examine and measure it carefully and try to find one that will fit from a different vehicle (without too much drilling and cutting). If I come up with anything good, I'll post it here.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 01:02:11 PM »

I.m sure a lot of people on the forum would be interested in your results, that's a problem with most cars.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd