TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: All Motor Engine With Turbo??  (Read 1796 times)

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
All Motor Engine With Turbo??
« on: February 28, 2017, 07:07:08 PM »

Hey guys ive been looking around at Miata forums and I was wondering what would happen if you took a All Motor N/A setup put lower comp pistons, then added turbo cams, and a decent turbo how would it run? Would the extra ability to rev high help the turbo, or in the long run be not worth it. It just amazes me people spend 10k on these motors then only get around 200hp. Could such a thing as building a turbo motor to those specs be possible, ive never heard of it.

Im theorizing that the turbo would exponentionialy  increase horsepower, due to the all motors ability to breath so much better then stock. I also assume that a all motor setup with turbo  should make more power then a stock just due to the fact that generally they are bored out much larger, that should increase the efficieny of the car, atleast id think so.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: All Motor Engine With Turbo??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 12:38:01 AM »

I think you're just talking about a "built" engine / motor.

All-motor setups are built specifically for performance without boost - revving high, aggressive cams, high compression, ITBs, etc.

You can build an engine similarly, but with boost in mind. The things that make an N/A engine good by itself are not usually good for turbo duty.

Keep in mind: Building a B6 engine, you can spend a TON of money on it, and a stockish BP will still out-perform it. Bang-for-the-buck wise, $$ and effort is better spent on a swap.

Build a BP for mild turbo duty? Now you're talkin' :D
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: All Motor Engine With Turbo??
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:51:06 PM »

No replacement for displacement!  lol

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd