TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Boost Spiking?  (Read 5804 times)

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Boost Spiking?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 10:43:29 AM »

Wow, that's cool.  I guess porting it is limited by the size of the flapper door?  Thanks SHO

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 12:43:00 AM »

Wow, that's cool.  I guess porting it is limited by the size of the flapper door?  Thanks SHO

Jack Byrd

Yep.

And I have seen people take off the stock flapper and weld in place the business end of an old exhaust valve to gain a larger area. Probably more than is needed for a VJ14 based turbo, but, ya know  ;D
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

frog

• 93 xr2 & 91 N/A
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 08:06:03 AM »

The way I got around the spike was had a 2" exhaust from the stock down pipe added. the larger exhaust just were the down pipe makes a bend under the motor. I really noticed an increase in power out put and no spike. I think this holds the turbo from spooling to quickly until the motor can accept the air flow.I hold a steady 16 psi.

alldsben

• 91 XR2 91 Miata 04 S10 89 Mustang
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 06:50:35 PM »

Ended up finally fixing my intercooler leaks and boost spiking. the only way i was able to fix my spiking was by removing my mbc. i have a feeling that is because how restrictive it was but i do not know for sure.

azgtx

• Old-Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »

Ended up finally fixing my intercooler leaks and boost spiking. the only way i was able to fix my spiking was by removing my mbc. i have a feeling that is because how restrictive it was but i do not know for sure.

So now you have no boost control?  And you must have the oem fuel cut disabled if you are seeing 13-14 psi correct? I would be careful there.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:14:13 PM by azgtx »

alldsben

• 91 XR2 91 Miata 04 S10 89 Mustang
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 04:44:38 PM »

It would cut out when it would spike that high

So now you have no boost control?  And you must have the oem fuel cut disabled if you are seeing 13-14 psi correct? I would be careful there.
Pages: 1 [2]