TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to site not capri's  (Read 5530 times)

frog

• 93 xr2 & 91 N/A
Re: New to site not capri's
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 11:51:33 AM »

Yes That would be fun to do BUT I like the top down rolling, and I have two capris and no festivas. so I will have fun rollin a capri made to run and have fun doing it. I really like the question what is that?.  I already got started on the 91 she sat outside for a few years covered in leaves dirt bird poop. so I gave her a bath, broke out some rubbing compound, polisher and wax the old girl cleaned up nice not perfect. now just need to clean the inside and get rid of the trash and vacuume up. she will be a nice driver. until I start my swap.   ;D

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »

If your intrested in handling with a Capri pick up a hardtop. The hardtop drastically decreases body roll at the cost of weight. That can be accounted for with removing the soft-top, but doing so is a huge pain. Your main problem is going to be torque steer, the higher the horsepower you giverl the car the more its going to be a problem.

I myself am really intrested in high comp and boost, but I doubt ill ever experiment with it. Id like one day to do a twincharge setup but the lack of room makes it near impossible.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 11:12:30 PM »

is that the car he calls suparoo or something like that. the red one.

The SuperRoo was a different project I helped him with.
The one I'm talking about we called "Antoinette" It was a blue 94. He ended up selling it a while back

We used a stock n/a engine from a manual capri (9.4:1 compression) with a stock VJ14 turbo and kept the boost reasonable
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

frog

• 93 xr2 & 91 N/A
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 09:28:03 AM »

Okay I no the car. yea that was nice one. The one I pick up was his girlfriends blue one with the cloth top. body is in real good shape. just not enough motor. this is an automatic so it has 9.2 comp ratio correct. I do have a hard top. but am trying to figure out a actual roll hoop setup. this should stiffen the car and still let me run the drop top. the problem is I run the bubble top and I will not give that up it just makes the cars look to good. so my rear kiker bars are hard to place. I will work it out and go from there. I am trying to negate torque steer by using the lim slip set up, undecided about that. don't know how well this will work on a street car. kinda iffy locking the ster wheels together. OH and I found a fully working nitrous system while digging in my garage . wonder how this can work into this project. HA HA ;D   
Pages: 1 [2]