Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Brakes/Suspension/Tires/Wheels

Chassis Bracing

(1/13) > >>

Gaz:
Who's built it, who's bought it?

WashiestSnake:
I think im the only one here who has done any major bracing.

The braces I own are: Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar, Ultra Racing Lower Arm Bar, Rocketmans Front Strut Bar, and Ultra Racing 26mm Rear Sway Bar.

Ultra Racing makes a few others but I havent picked them up yet.

You have to cut abit of the carpit out to put the rear strut bar on.

Just search Ultra Racing BF 323 on ebay.
I havent installed the lower arm bar yet currently Im not sure if it will fit, it looks like its a inch to short.

greywolf27030:
We need to talk about this tomorrow.

Jack Byrd

socal1200r:

--- Quote from: WashiestSnake on February 17, 2017, 05:43:12 AM ---The braces I own are: Ultra Racing Rear Strut Bar

You have to cut abit of the carpit out to put the rear strut bar on.

--- End quote ---

Do you have any pics of this bar installed?  Other than trimming the carpet, how difficult was the installation otherwise?  Any special tools or hardware needed?

WashiestSnake:
I dont currently have pictures of it on my car. My cars trunk is currently full, so taking pictures would be hard. However I do have pictures of a friends car who recommended the mod to me. Ill post them when I get home.

Installation:
1. Pull Carpet up to access strut, depending on your car you might need to remove the trunk top and gass struts. If you get the adjustable rear bar it should prevent the removal of the trunk for instellation, but I chose the solid one peice for better grip.

2. Remove the four strut bolts its a size 12 or something I dont recall

3. Install brace and trim the carpet as needed.

Benefits: Increases grip in corners immensly, also It helped stopped rattling in my car. The car feels much more  planted, and doesnt want to swing out as much.

One thing to note Ultra Racing is a Malasian company so its going to take atleast a week to get to you.

Difficulty out of 10: 4(Ability to use a socket and torque wrench is needed)
If you have the ability to install the front strut brace then you should be able install the rear instructions are pretty much the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version