TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: lifters hls  (Read 3229 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: lifters hls
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:54:25 PM »

They look considerably different than the stock HLA's. Could be a generic/stock photo?

The listing offers very little detail
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 05:11:03 PM »

Have you looked into doing solid lifters? They are much better for high revving and won't ever tick like the HLAs do. They do require more mantience then the HLAs.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:16:52 PM by WashiestSnake »
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »

I have not looked to far I can't find anyone that says they fit!! But  modern Capri  Sells them for capris he says they fit. But he wants a 1000 dollars for a set. I need a better  option then the hls, no not looked in to soiled lifters what car does the soiled lifter come in? And what  maintenance are you talking about? I have always had lifter problems. If I buy a new set last a couple months then I get the tic! I have replaced everything but the head doing that next!

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 08:01:26 PM »

Any solid lifters for a 1,6l Miata will fit. The best are the ones with the shim under bucket. They require a shimming to allow for full operation otherwise you get the tick. So the only mantience is making sure the shim is in spec. The good thing is once they are shimmed properly you shouldn't have to do much afterwords.

The reason why the HLAs tick is due to oil getting trapped within the seals because the how has very tiny gaps in-between the components for the HLA. 

If you've ever done the valves on a old school v8 it's similar in principle to that. It also means you can run higher lift cams, and other good head mods.

99℅ of Miata engine mods work on our cars, the only differences is the coolant routing,, intake and exhaust(including cams) + the manifolds, and compression ratios.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:07:38 PM by WashiestSnake »
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 03:32:14 PM »

The reason why the HLAs tick is due to oil getting trapped within the seals because the how has very tiny gaps in-between the components for the HLA. 

They tick because they don't pump up fully with oil. This is usually due to a clogged oil passage in the HLA. The camshaft lobe swings down and slaps it because there's a gap.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 11:04:31 AM »

If your lifters tick, throw in a shot glass of seafoam into the oil. Worked great, no tick at any point.