TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Mercury Capri vs Ford Capri  (Read 2278 times)

dodo

• 1974 Capri...1984 Camaro
Mercury Capri vs Ford Capri
« on: November 23, 2016, 02:59:59 PM »

Will parts for a Ford Capri, sometimes called Mark I,II,III, fit my 1974 Mercury Capri? Some parts I have found online look identical to what I need, but I am reluctant to purchase for fear of not fitting. I have never purchased anything from "across the pond". Has anyone had experience with these companies? Have any recommendations for a reputable one? Thanks....Steve

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
Re: Mercury Capri vs Ford Capri
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 03:07:39 PM »

Yup they should fit as our Mercury Capri is just a rebadge of the MK1/MK2 Capris. A 77 Capri would be a MK2. If your looking for reproduction parts Id look for Team Blitz they make alot of parts for the Euro Capris.
Note: Ive never owned a EU Capri however I talk to a few owners of them. I have heard nothing but good reviews for Team Blitz.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

Greg_B

Re: Mercury Capri vs Ford Capri
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 07:57:49 AM »

A long time ago I owned a 1972 Capri, V-6 and 4 speed. I think some of the mechanical's are the same, but over time engines changed.  Early had pushrod 1.6 liters, then the V-6 and 2.0 liters 4cyl.  Think by 75 when they went bigger body style they were using 2.3's.

My fuzzy memory so use the web and research.

I really liked the V-6 4 speed setup, quick and fast.  Only got rid of it because my brother backed it into a tree, then I sold it to him cheap.
Greg