TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Mercury Capri vs Ford Capri  (Read 2276 times)

dodo

• 1974 Capri...1984 Camaro
Mercury Capri vs Ford Capri
« on: November 23, 2016, 02:59:59 PM »

Will parts for a Ford Capri, sometimes called Mark I,II,III, fit my 1974 Mercury Capri? Some parts I have found online look identical to what I need, but I am reluctant to purchase for fear of not fitting. I have never purchased anything from "across the pond". Has anyone had experience with these companies? Have any recommendations for a reputable one? Thanks....Steve

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
Re: Mercury Capri vs Ford Capri
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 03:07:39 PM »

Yup they should fit as our Mercury Capri is just a rebadge of the MK1/MK2 Capris. A 77 Capri would be a MK2. If your looking for reproduction parts Id look for Team Blitz they make alot of parts for the Euro Capris.
Note: Ive never owned a EU Capri however I talk to a few owners of them. I have heard nothing but good reviews for Team Blitz.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

Greg_B

Re: Mercury Capri vs Ford Capri
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 07:57:49 AM »

A long time ago I owned a 1972 Capri, V-6 and 4 speed. I think some of the mechanical's are the same, but over time engines changed.  Early had pushrod 1.6 liters, then the V-6 and 2.0 liters 4cyl.  Think by 75 when they went bigger body style they were using 2.3's.

My fuzzy memory so use the web and research.

I really liked the V-6 4 speed setup, quick and fast.  Only got rid of it because my brother backed it into a tree, then I sold it to him cheap.
Greg