TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 91 turbo into 94 na  (Read 18871 times)

DarkAngel

• Cruzing around the Blue Mountains since 2012
    • Black Pearl XR2 SE 1994 Ford Capri
    • Build Thread
Re: 91 turbo into 94 na
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 01:35:47 AM »

Thanks a bunch, those images will come in really handy.

Great News, the sparky fixed the problem, only took 6 hours and AUD$440.00 to fix...

Cars ready to pickup once I return back to Australia from my trip to Thailand... should be in the new year when I can drive her again... this time with Turbo.

While I am in Thailand, I bought a turbo boost gauge from Depo, a Japanese company manufacturing in Taiwan for only $30.00 new... and a knockoff WRC deep corn 2 silver spoke steering wheel for about $50.00... I'll update with some pics when I get back from the pool... it's a nice 30 deg C here and it's Winter... lol.
Current Project XR2 SE

To Do
(VJ 11/14), helical LSD, 5th gear cog, 2.5 exhaust
stiffer springs, heated seats, electronic booster
tracker gps, respray

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »

So Angel what ended uo being the problem?  Also I just talked to Russ apparently only 26 black xr2s were made out off the 26 I know 2 one near me and then you. Kinda intresting beinf as theyre so rare.  That being said keep that car safe and be careful with the extra power.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 11:14:16 PM »

Glad to hear they were able to get it running.

The Capri’s electrical system can be confusing at first until you realize the BF chassis it’s built off of was originally designed electrically for a carbureted engine.  Overall the wiring isn’t too hard, there’s only 6 wires under the dash and 2 at the fender wall to make the engine run.
My BP swap initially didn’t have spark due to the ignition coil power actually comes from the fender wall and not from under the dash.

My67falcon

• '11 Fx2, '11 Lincoln MKX, '95 Trans Am, '92 Capri
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »

I know I'm bringing up a dead thread but was the issue due to the differences in years? I'll be doing the swap but both of mine are '92s.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 04:42:56 PM »

Always tricky when transplanting engines.....I would like to do the same with my N/A but I would like to go down the electric route at some stage when batteries bet better for DIY conversions.

See the link for a capri converted in Adelaide to electric - interesting stuff....

http://evalbum.com/4073

Great writeup.  I agree.  I think the Capri would be an excellent vehicle to convert to electric.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

DarkAngel

• Cruzing around the Blue Mountains since 2012
    • Black Pearl XR2 SE 1994 Ford Capri
    • Build Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 11:31:47 PM »

Yes, the engine harness was different for the 91 and the 94...

The issue was also the ECU connections... the sparky put a new harness into the ECU... Some of the sensors had to get wired in I think.
Current Project XR2 SE

To Do
(VJ 11/14), helical LSD, 5th gear cog, 2.5 exhaust
stiffer springs, heated seats, electronic booster
tracker gps, respray

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 08:55:26 PM »

Always tricky when transplanting engines.....I would like to do the same with my N/A but I would like to go down the electric route at some stage when batteries bet better for DIY conversions.

See the link for a capri converted in Adelaide to electric - interesting stuff....

http://evalbum.com/4073

Great writeup.  I agree.  I think the Capri would be an excellent vehicle to convert to electric.

Jack Byrd

If I was doing a electric conversion to a Capri, I would leave the original fwd drivetrain in place.

I would go the hybrid route and use a GTX rear setup. Modify it so the differential input faces the rear  and install a right angle gearbox to it so the motor would stick up vertically in the center of the trunk. Then remove the backseat and use that space for the battery pack/freq drive to operate the motor.

IMHO... this would be the ultimate AWD setup.
Pages: 1 [2]