TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Max psi with new boost controller  (Read 2032 times)

deewoody

• 1993 Capri XR2
Max psi with new boost controller
« on: September 04, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »

Well I finally installed a MBC .. what difference ! I was running about five previous to that. Now I'm up to 10 to 11 PSI. I've read and read many comments about where I should be at with the manual boost controller. As far as PSI. I would like to reiterate what I understand so far. All I have right now on the car is the MBC and a high-flow K&N Filter. What's the max PSI that I can safely go to now. Is it only 10? I definitely plan on having my ECU chipped by Rocket Man. That I understand I can go up to 16 psi with stock everything. I will here soon install a larger exhaust pipe as well. One step at a time.

NomakeWan

• 93 Capri XR2
Re: Max psi with new boost controller
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:03:45 AM »

It is indeed only 10--on a stock computer don't mess with the overboost switch under the hood as it'll prevent you from exceeding safe boost. Yes you'll get annoyed, but that'll inspire you to get a Rocketchip faster.

With the bigger exhaust, don't forget that you will likely run into boost spiking issues unless you port the waste gate on the turbo. The stock hole is small and can't flow pressure fast enough once you start opening things up.