TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Just bitch'in  (Read 2609 times)

Capritain

Just bitch'in
« on: May 04, 2016, 01:42:50 PM »

Is it only me?
Car is running fine, you start to have plans for your car.
Once you begin your plans, another issue occur that you must address before you can continue your plans.
One after another, your plans just stood still.

Next time if I'm gonna work on any car, I'll finished the work first before I drive instead of fix and drive.

At the moment, my Capri starts right up and drives but need right wheel(knocking and one lugs replaced) and cosmetics work.
91 CAPRAI N/A 5-Speed
D-town, Iowa

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
Re: Just bitch'in
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 08:04:54 PM »

Just you I've never had my Capri shit out on me. I baby the shit out of it and make sure its in good condition at all times. So I don't have much unreliability in my car.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:41:55 AM »

In my case, I've been paying for the sins of the previous owner.  It had been the object poor, negligent and lack of service.  I have been fixing things that were put off causing bigger problems or weren't repaired at all.  And I have yet to get to cosmetics even though I've gotten some better bumpers and really want to paint it so its looks as good as I like it.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 09:59:44 AM »

There’s tons of things I’m trying to do to my car as well, but life and work are getting in the way. It’s mostly work getting in my way and it’s starting to tick me off.

Last year I had to work one weekend a month on average and I’m ok with that. Then last November I got a promotion to senior electrical/programming engineer and my new supervisor said all overtime was going to be eliminated at the start of the new year.  So far this year, they gave me one weekend in the beginning of January when I started my headlight upgrade, one for Easter cuz company policy said they couldn’t make me work, and last weekend cuz I used vacation days to get off.

I do like the 2K+ paycheck each week, but I’m feeling so burned out/pissed off from working seven days a week.

Capritain

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 01:37:25 PM »

Same here. 

I have lotsssssssss of thing I want to do/upgrade to my Captain, mostly cosmetics but keep getting mechanical issues as I am working on it.
Example: Trying install new wheels for cosmetic instead I broke one of the lugnuts.

I used to work 2nd shift 4pm-12am.  Have so much time to work on my car before work.  Now I'm working 9-5, time is not there.  Atleast not enough.

91 CAPRAI N/A 5-Speed
D-town, Iowa