TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Race Capri + 2 regular ones for sale  (Read 3033 times)

Old car guy

• Miata
Race Capri + 2 regular ones for sale
« on: April 02, 2016, 04:38:43 PM »

A car guy friend of mine died of cancer in Dec '14. His ex wife, also a good friend, has custody of the estate and his cars. I am helping her get rid of his cars and some parts. He had an SCCA racing Capri and two street cars for parts. A Capri racer is a rare duck but if someone buys it for reasonable money we will sell them as a package. There are at least two other engines and some other parts in the shop also.

One of the stock cars is a red non turbo '91 showing 179128 mi. It also has the rare hardtop. The body and interior are a bit weathered but it is not dented up. I can't say about any rust because I can't raise them up or easily move them right now. A friend of his son thinks this car could be running with minimum effort.

The other one is a dark green and is a '92 turbo version showing 114966 miles. Both are standard transmissions. Body and interior are as the red one. Both seem to be complete. We will sell them individually or together.

The race car was his most current racer. I can't say what it would take to get it running but it has only been sitting for a year or two. I think he was working on a Mega Squirt fuel injection set up so it may take some work relative to that to get it going but can't really say myself. Another issue is that some months later while his son was living there the house, which is separate, burned down. Unfortunately all the log books to his race cars and titles for street cars were destroyed in that fire. So these are sold with bill of sale only. And if you want, probably an affidavit as to the loss of the titles.

I have VINs and basic photos if anyone is interested. The photos are not very flattering because the street cars are out side in tall grass and the racer is in a messy shop with a couple of things sitting on the car. We are entertaining offers for any combinations.

Please note that if the racer is sold through racing sites it will be offered as package deal and the other cars may be gone.
    These are located near Kansas City MO.

Mark, that Old car guy

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
Re: Race Capri + 2 regular ones for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 07:10:44 PM »

Okay not intrested in a purchase, but would love to see the race Capri. Another thing is hardtops arnt rare, thats a Miata thing. They made almost as many hardtops as Capris. 1 out of 3 Capris usually have the hardtop, atleast thats what i've seen.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 09:04:13 AM »

Where are you located in NC?

Jack

Sorry, didn't have my glasses on.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:10:33 AM by greywolf27030 »
Jack Byrd

Old car guy

• Miata
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 03:15:45 PM »

Being new here I haven't figured out the posting photos yet. The pictures I have of these are not overly flattering. The race car is inside his rather messy shop with some of his other race cars so not the best photo op. The street cars are outside and last summer the grass got quite high around them.
    As far as the race car, for now just mentally picture a silver one with a black roll cage sticking out, no windshield, and a blue anodized sloping cover where it and the dash top would be. Some small fender flairs riveted onto the wheel openings. No bumpers and a bit of a front air dam. Minimal graphics of just the number and class designation and SCCA decals. Everything your standard convertible F-Production road racer usually has. If I figure out how, I'll put these on here.

azgtx

• Old-Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 05:04:46 PM »

You need to have a host to post pics. PhotoBucket works well.